Different people look for different things when they’re getting an apartment rental. Depending on whether you are single or have a family, work outside or work at home, cook a lot or eat out all the time, you’re going to have different requirements. Here are a few things to consider before you decide to rent an apartment:
- Space. This is your most basic need when it comes to renting an apartment. You’re going to need to have enough space for yourself and whoever else will be living with you. If you’re single, you might be able to get by with just a studio or one-bedroom but if you’re a couple or you have a child, you might need a bigger space. Different people also have different space requirements. Sometimes, even those who are single like to have more space or they tend to get a bit claustrophobic. So make sure you take all these factors into consideration when looking for a home.
- Proximity to work. If you’re going to be commuting to work, you’ll probably need to make sure that your new apartment is conveniently located. If you drive, then you don’t want to have more than a 45 minute commute, if you can avoid it. If you take public transportation, then you want to make sure there’s a bus stop or a train station near you.
- Grocery stores. If you tend to cook a lot, then you probably want to make sure that there’s a grocery store in the vicinity where you can pop down and pick up everything you need. Even if you don’t cook that much, having a grocery store around will give you more choices in terms of frozen food, snacks, salads, fruits etc. If there is no grocery store around, you may still be able to find a service that delivers groceries to your home for a small fee.
- Restaurants. If you tend to order in a lot or go out with friends, you’ll probably want to make sure that there are some good restaurants in the neighborhood. It helps if you’re not located right next to restaurants and bars because this will probably result in too much noise in your apartment. But if you’re walking distance or an easy driving distance from eateries, this will probably help you to feel more at home in your new apartment.
- Shops. Find out if there are a variety of shops in your new neighborhood or if there’s a mall located close by. It would probably be helpful if you could have a beauty salon, clothes shopping, apartment shopping (like Bed, Bath and Beyond), a hardware store, a pharmacy and other stores you’re likely to need close by.
These are just a few things to consider before renting an apartment. Contact us for more information.