Summer is coming! It is time to decorate your apartment to match this colorful season. Here are 6 summer decorating tips that will give your apartment a seasonal feel.
- Add color to your apartment. This can be easily accomplished by switching out pillows or even curtains to create a summer scene. Consider a tablecloth in a bright color. These items are easily changed when the weather is warm and then switched back again in the fall.
- Bring in flowers. Flowers are the perfect symbol of summer. Consider purchasing a new vase and adding fresh cut flowers to your apartment. This will provide the appearance and scent of summer. For a greener approach bring a blooming plant home. You will be able to enjoy the plant year round. Faux plants or flowers are a valid alternative if you have allergies or are unable to maintain a living plant. Craft stores offer flowers that appear real.
- Consider adding flower prints. In addition to adding the real thing, flower prints will provide a summer feel in your apartment. Summer themed placemats and cloth napkins are a fantastic addition. Consider placemats that you can rotate for each season to give your apartment the appropriate feel throughout the year. In the bathroom, addition of flowered hand-towels provides a summer look.
- Birds are a symbol of summer as well. An alternative option to flowered placemats and hand-towels are those decorated with colorful birds.
- Patriotic Decorations are Appropriate for Summer. Summer is considered a patriotic time because of the Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day Holidays. Displaying an American flag is a good way to celebrate the summer season.
- Consider Vacation Mementos. Do you have seashells from a beach vacation? Summer is the perfect time to display souvenirs from past summer vacations. If you are crafty consider looking on Pinterest for ways to create projects from seashells. A simple decorating option is to display photos from a previous summer trip.
Bring the feel of summer inside your apartment. Bold colors and a brighter palette are for summer months. By decorating your apartment to reflect summer you will be able to enjoy the seasonal feel even on a rainy day. Contact us for more information on apartment living tips.