Nothing adds freshness to your home decor like a pop of color, and if you like staying ahead of the trends than check out the color Radiant Orchid, recently named 2014 color of the year by Pantone Color Institute®.
For more than a decade, Pantone has been selecting a color of the year by exploring influences that range from vibrant art collections and popular culture to the latest technology and economic conditions. Executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®, Leatrice Eiseman said, “An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health.” Who wouldn’t want a space that feels that way? So, here are five simple ways to add Radiant Orchid into yourapartment home:
- Toss a few throw pillows or a blanket on the couch in your living room or family room for a fun punch of color.
- Add a small throw rug to your powder room or guest room. Chevron patterns continue to be a hot style for home decor and can be great for adding both color and pattern.
- Fresh flowers in this springtime hue can make a dramatic statement on a dining table or in an entryway.
- Put a small ottoman in your home office or family room. It is an easy way to add color with less investment.
- Towels and linens in fresh new colors can really brighten up a kitchen or bath area.
There are endless possibilities for using color to brighten your home. At Wood Partners, we thrive on offering apartments that you will love to call home. Contact us today for more information or to visit one of our communities!